Roster Role: Ash 10am Lead tech
Audio Visual technology is a powerful communication tool that can really help encourage the congregation when used well. On the other hand, when things go wrong it can be a powerful distraction! Overseeing the technology with skill and diligence allows the congregation to hear clearly what's happening at the front, be immersed in our corporate music-making, and stimulated by various types of visual media.
- Frequency: Lead techs are rostered on about once a month
- Training: Initial training takes about 90 minutes, with annual refresher and extension training
- Before the service: arrive 30 minutes early to set up
What does a win look like?
- Everything is set up in good time
- The congregation hears everything they should, and nothing else
- The congregation sees everything they should on the screen, and nothing else
- The next service's lead tech finds all the equipment in good condition and the right place
Keys to winning
A detailed procedure is in the lead tech manual with background knowledge in the training document
The slideshow operator is your assistant – make sure they are on the right track
Mic and video cues are key!
Remember sermon recording is your job, not the slideshow operator's
Always listen carefully!
Be ready to start